Inflation Rate in the United States of America
Monthly inflation rate in the United States was 0.35% in June 2015. That is 0.16 less than it was in May 2015 and 0.16 more than in June 2014. At the same time, 2015 year to date inflation rate is 1.63% and year over year inflation rate is 0.12%.
In 2015 USA ranks #8 in the world by yearly inflation rate.
Inflation rate in the United States is based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) - prices that consumers have to pay for the products and services, which includes not only the producers price, but also various taxes.
To be more specific, it is based on the Consumer Price Index - All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) which includes those places and Metropolitan Statistical Areas of 2500 people or more. This covers about 80% of the population, excluding rural and military consumers. CPI-U is the most generic index, showing the real price changes from the consumer standpoint.
Current Inflation Rate
Inflation rate in June 2015:
(month over month, MOM)
|Inflation rate year to date, YTD:||1.63%|
|Inflation rate in May 2015, MOM:||0.51%|
|Inflation rate in June 2014, MOM:||0.19%|
|Inflation rate in June 2014, YTD:||2.27%|
|Inflation rate in 2014:||0.76%|
|Last 12 months inflation rate:
(year over year, YOY)
|Last 60 months inflation rate (5 years):||9.48%|
|Last 120 months inflation rate (10 years):||22.69%|
There are more resources available about the inflation in the United States:
- Tables of current and historical inflation rates in the United States by months and years
- Monthly charts showing month over month inflation
- Monthly charts showing year over year inflation rates
- Yearly - charts of annual inflation
- Comparison charts that allow custom reports for any given period and to compare inflation rates between countries and years
- Calculators that allow calculating inflation rates, price and money purchasing power changes for custom periods
All data and calculations are based on the Consumer Price Index published monthly by the U.S. Department Of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Inflation data in the US is published in the middle of the following month, usually on 16th.