Inflation Rate in Turkey, 2017
Monthly inflation rate in Turkey was 0.65% in September 2017. That is 0.13 more than it was in August 2017 and 0.47 more than in September 2016. At the same time, 2017 year to date inflation rate is 7.29% and year over year inflation rate is 11.20%.
In 2017 Turkey ranks #17 in the world by yearly inflation rate.
Like in many other countries, inflation in Turkey is calculated based on the Consumer Price Indexes (CPI). Consumer Prices in this case are representing the prices that the end consumer has to pay for the product or service together with all taxes and fees.
Current Inflation Rate
Inflation rate in September 2017:
(month over month, MOM)
|Inflation rate year to date, YTD:||7.29%|
|Inflation rate in August 2017, MOM:||0.52%|
|Inflation rate in September 2016, MOM:||0.18%|
|Inflation rate in September 2016, YTD:||4.72%|
|Inflation rate in 2016:||8.53%|
|Last 12 months inflation rate:
(year over year, YOY)
|Last 60 months inflation rate (5 years):||51.23%|
|Last 120 months inflation rate (10 years):||123.99%|
Month over month inflation rate is calculated for just the subject month itself - from the first to the last day of that month:
|Month to month, %||2.46||0.81||1.02||1.31||0.45||-0.27||0.15||0.52||0.65||7.29|
Year to year inflation rate is calculated for 12 months: 11 months preceding the subject one and the subject month itself:
|Year over year (12 months), %||9.22||10.13||11.29||11.87||11.72||10.90||9.79||10.68||11.20||7.29|
Progressive inflation rate is an incremental year to date inflation that sums rates from the beginning of the calendar year to the end of the subject month:
|Progressive (year to date), %||2.46||3.29||4.34||5.71||6.18||5.89||6.05||6.60||7.29||7.29|
There are more resources available about the inflation in Turkey:
- Tables of current and historical inflation rates in Turkey by months and years
- Monthly charts showing month over month inflation
- Monthly charts showing year over year inflation rates
- Yearly - charts of annual inflation
- Comparison charts that allow custom reports for any given period and to compare inflation rates between countries and years
- Calculators that allow calculating inflation rates, price and money purchasing power changes for custom periods
Hotlinking and Charts Reusing
All charts are regularly updated and can be hotlinked and used within third party web sites and blogs under a set of conditions. Also charts support parameters that help adjust the charts look and feel. For details on parameters and usage conditions please refer to the Charts API page.
All data and calculations are based on the following indexes, published by the national statistics service of Turkey - Turkish Statistical Institute:
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) - from Jan 1982 to Jan 1988
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) - from Jan 1988 to Jan 1994
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) - from Jan 1994 to Jan 2003
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) - from Jan 2003
Inflation data in Turkey is published in the middle of the month following the reported one.