Inflation Rate in the Republic of India, 2018
Monthly inflation rate in India was -0.33% in December 2018. That is 0.33 less than it was in November 2018 and 0.36 more than in December 2017. At the same time, 2018 year to date inflation rate is 5.24% and year over year inflation rate is 5.24%.
In 2018 India ranks #14 in the world by yearly inflation rate.
Inflation in India is calculated based on the Consumer Prices Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW).
Consumer Prices are representing the prices that the end consumer has to pay for the product or service together with all taxes and fees.
Current Inflation Rate
Inflation rate in December 2018:
(month over month, MOM)
|Inflation rate year to date, YTD:||5.24%|
|Inflation rate in November 2018, MOM:||0.00%|
|Inflation rate in December 2017, MOM:||-0.69%|
|Inflation rate in December 2017, YTD:||4.00%|
|Inflation rate in 2017:||4.00%|
|Last 12 months inflation rate:
(year over year, YOY)
|Last 60 months inflation rate (5 years):||25.94%|
|Last 120 months inflation rate (10 years):||104.76%|
Month over month inflation rate is calculated for just the subject month itself - from the first to the last day of that month:
|Month to month, %||0.70||-0.35||0.00||0.35||0.35||0.69||3.44||0.00||0.00||0.33||0.00||-0.33||5.24|
Year to year inflation rate is calculated for 12 months: 11 months preceding the subject one and the subject month itself:
|Year over year (12 months), %||5.11||4.74||4.36||3.97||3.96||3.93||5.61||5.61||5.61||5.23||4.86||5.24||5.24|
Progressive inflation rate is an incremental year to date inflation that sums rates from the beginning of the calendar year to the end of the subject month:
|Progressive (year to date), %||0.70||0.35||0.35||0.70||1.05||1.75||5.24||5.24||5.24||5.59||5.59||5.24||5.24|
There are more resources available about the inflation in India:
- Tables of current and historical inflation rates in India by months and years
- Monthly charts showing month over month inflation
- Monthly charts showing year over year inflation rates
- Yearly - charts of annual inflation
- Comparison charts that allow custom reports for any given period and to compare inflation rates between countries and years
- Calculators that allow calculating inflation rates, price and money purchasing power changes for custom periods
Hotlinking and Charts Reusing
All charts are regularly updated and can be hotlinked and used within third party web sites and blogs under a set of conditions. Also charts support parameters that help adjust the charts look and feel. For details on parameters and usage conditions please refer to the Charts API page.
All data and calculations are based on the official statistics, published monthly by the Ministry of Labour and Employment of India.
All calculations are based on one following indices:
- Aug 1968 to Sep 1988 - Consumer Prices Index for Industrial Workers, 1960
- Oct 1988 to Dec 2005 - Consumer Prices Index for Industrial Workers, 1982
- Jan 2006 till now - Consumer Prices Index for Industrial Workers, 2001
Inflation data in India is published in the end of the month following the subject one.